Synthetic sweetener – Acesulfame K
Sweetener acesulfame potassium is the potassium salt of 6-methyl-1,2,3-oxathiazine-4(3H)-1-2,2-dioxide; potassium salt of 3,4-dihydro-6-methyl-1,2,3-oxathiazine-4-on2,2-dioxide
Sweetener acesulfame potassium can be used in the diet
1. Overview of sweetener Acesulfame Potassium
1.1. Scientific name: Acesulfam Potassium
1.2. International Index: E950; ADI = 0 – 15 mg/kg body weight
1.3. Trade name: Acesulfame potassium; Acesulfame K
1.4. Field: Synthetic sweeteners, flavor enhancers
1.5. Chemical formula: C4H4KNO4S
1.6. Molecular structure image
1.7. Molecular mass: 201.24g/mol (anhydrous form).
1.8. Description: White, odorless, crystalline powder with a sweet taste.
1.9. Solubility: Soluble in water, very slightly soluble in alcohol
1.10. Melting point: 225 degrees Celsius.
1.11. Features: Acesulfame potassium is a 0 calorie sweetener that retains its sweetness at high temperatures and can be combined with acidic or basic ingredients in foods and beverages.
2. Application and use rate of sweetener E950 in food
- In the food industry, the sweetener Acesulfame potassium is widely used in foods, functional foods and beverages, can be used for dieters, specifically: in combination with other sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose in the preparation of carbonated beverages, flavored beverages, carbonated beverages, applications in the production of alcoholic beverages, coffee-based beverages, cereals, dairy products, desserts, cakes candies, sauces… E950 is heat resistant, so it can be used for cooking. Acesulfame potassium should be used in combination with white sugar when baking or in products that require long-term storage.
- The rate of use of sweetener E950 in food production according to Circular 24 regulating the management and use of food additives issued by the Ministry of Health on August 30, 2019(2). For consumers, it is important to use no more than 15 mg/kg/day for human body weight.
Product label synthetic sweetener ACESULFAME K (Acesulfame potassium)
- Product Name: Synthetic sweetener ACESULFAME K (Acesulfame potassium)
- Packing: 25kg/carton.
- Packaging material: Thick PE bag, carton to ensure quality and food safety and hygiene standards, in accordance with the regulations of the
- Ministry of Health on food packaging, using 2 labels and 3 types of adhesive tape at the same time different. (There has been a written notice to the Hanoi Food Safety and Hygiene Sub-Department)(3).
4. Shelf life and storage
- Shelf life: 02 years from the date of manufacture and unopened
- Preserving a cool and dry place
In March 2020, the manufacturer announced the official brand of the synthetic sweetener ACESULFAME K (Acesulfame potassium). In order to avoid buying poor quality products, counterfeiting labels, you should be really careful when choosing suppliers of additive materials.
Supplier notices change of ACESULFAME label
BFC is confident to be a supplier of quality food additives with clear origin, contact hotline: 0243. 715. 3333 to order products.
(1) Appendix 2, National technical regulation on food additives: synthetic sweeteners – QCVN 4-8 : 2010/BYT, page 10. Link: http://www.fsi.org.vn/ pic/files/qc-4-8_tao-ngot.pdf
(2) Circular 24 regulating the management and use of food additives issued by the Ministry of Health on August 30, 2019, pages 264-267.
(3) Conformity announcement No. 4/2018/0101072018 – CBPH of BFC with product ACESULFAME K : https://bfchem.vn/tu-cong-bo-acesulfame-k-(ah)-%E2%80% 93-13.9.2018-112.html